Latest Tech News

Breaking

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Privacy / Tracking questions - Memories in photo app

I consider myself pretty aware of all the privacy settings and try to minimise all tracking.

This weekend I was away in another state catching up with some friends. Over the weekend, the stock photo app sent me a "My Memories" notification and it had put together all the photos of me and one of the friends from this trip. What tracking data was used to do this so I can disable it? At the moment, all I can think of is that it was a coincidence, but in this day and age you can't be sure.

As a brief summary:

  • I have location disabled for everything except for Find My (While Using), Apple Maps (While Using), Uber (While Using), Weather (While Using) and System Services.

  • My friend does not have an iPhone

  • This is on the stock photo app. I don't have google photos installed. In fact, I don't have any google apps installed.

  • Only FB app I have installed is Messenger. I don't communicate with this friend on Messenger. I don't communicate with him on SMS. All our communication is through WhatsApp.

submitted by /u/wizardofchocolate
[link] [comments]

from r/iPhone https://ift.tt/38bcRqP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

iPhone SE 4 Mass Production to Begin in December Ahead of Expected Debut in 2025: Kuo

iPhone SE 4 is expected to be launched by Apple in the first half of 2025. The purported fourth-generation smartphone is speculated to arriv...

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages